Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ice Blocking Anyone?

Devlin was busy last night so we delayed our FHE till tonight. We planned a special Family Home Evening to celebrate completing reading the Book of Mormon together as a family. It took us 4 years, but hey--we did it :-). We started the night at the BYU Earth Science Museum and checked out some of the dinosaurs. When we finished with the museum, the BYU Marching Band was practicing in the neighboring parking lot. The boys had a great time getting thier dancing feet on!

After the boys wrapped it up with the band, we headed out for some hamburgers and on to Rock Canyon park for some ice blocking. This was everyone's first time (except mine), so I gave them all a brief tutorial on how it works. After my first stumble, they got the idea, and we had a great time.

Okay, one last thing. I took this picture of my Mom holding Gwen Saturday night while hanging out with her and my sisters during the Priesthood session of General Conference (we missed you Michelle!). Thanks to Esther for the cute outfit!

4 comments:

michelle said...

Cheree...
Your family is so blessed to have you as a wife and mother! Those two boys cracked me up while getting their "groove" on. (Who says white boys don't have rhythm?!)
Oh and one more thing.

Your daughter took my breath away.

YOU are so blessed.

Love to you...
Michelle

Day Family Blog said...

Way to go reading the BoM. We read the kiddy version, but I think we might try the real deal this next time. Fun activity, I can't believe that Devlin had never ice blocked before.

elicia said...

Who knew you were such a talented ice blocker! You have mad skills Cheree. Sooo fun. I'm going try it... care for a re-do? i think you're pretty stinkin' cool

Erika said...

I love that picture of Gwen and your mom...so beautiful!
Random side note, but my mom and your mom have similar hands...I guess it makes sense, but still is kind of funny!