I debated on naming this post, "We're DONE with school!" But I guess, you can never be too sure! Devlin graduated with his Masters in Computer Science from BYU this last week (okay, so he walked...and will "officially" graduate in December-but he's ALL DONE)! When he went to pick up his cap and gown, they forgot to give him his cap. He went back to get it and a kind gentleman gave him 6 free tickets to BYU Day's catered dinner ($20 a plate). It included a live band and dancing. Thanks to this kind fellow, we were able to party the night away before Devlin walked in the morning. If that wasn't cool enough, they gave us all free t-shirts at the end of the night (you'll see us wearing them in the video).
The next day, Devlin walked, and then it was back to work. I'll save the gory details of getting his thesis turned in for those of you who ask. It would make this post 3xs as long! Enjoy the video...it's a must see if you're a fan of my kids' dance moves! Thanks so much to Angela, Marcus, Thomas, and my Mom and Dad for coming to support on such short notice!
6 comments:
Hi Cheree! I had to click on your link because I remember talking to you in Target about husbands in school a while ago and I'm so happy you guys are "done"! Shane graduates in December, so we are VERY close too! Congrats to both of you (I know that wives deserve some sort of diploma too!)
Angie (Pectol) Sullivan
Congratulations to Devlin and to you Cheree! You were the guiding force that helped provide fruition to Devlin's hard work.
Well, well, well.
First, I started laughing. William and Maxson crack me up!! Even Maddie was giggling! Then the laughter turned to tears as they read Devlin's name. FREAK!! I'm crying again just typing this dang thing!! Now Maddie's crying too....and she doesn't know why, she says I made her sad (?!) Must be a girl thing... :)
Congrats to the greatest family EVER.
Oh.
And one more thing.
Well, two, actually.
Someday, Gwen will cry (happy tears) because she has footage of herself dancing with her young and handsome Daddy.
Secondly, Cheree you look freakin' awesome. Like, REALLY beautiful freaking awesome. True joy is the greatest makeup/lighting anyone could ever ask for. It totally showed.
CONGRATULATIONS DEVLIN AND CHEREE!!!!!!!
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!
Hurray for graduation!
Congratulations! That's so exciting. I bet that's a wonderful feeling for both of you!
"You can never be too sure"...
Speaking as Devlin's second wife, I can say with some level of confidence that there will be no more schooling in his near-term future... at least there better not be :-).
Congrats guys! You both should be really proud of Devlin's work.
Post a Comment