Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why He Went To Jail

Tonight, William, Maxson and I all went on a date together. Devlin bowed out to stay home to and put Gwen to bed. We went to their cousin's Claire's dance recital. It was great. Too cute. I'll have to post a picture of them with her in her darling dress. Anyhow, on the way home, I pointed out to the kids that there was a police car coming up outside of William's window. As we got closer, it wasn't the standard speeding ticket. There was a guy in handcuffs. Anyhow, the conversation went something like this:

"Uh oh! It looks like the police officer is taking him to jail." I said.

"Why?" William asked.

"Because he didn't follow the prophet."

"He's doesn't like the prophet!" William said, agast--literally.

"Well, I'm not sure about that. But he's definitly not doing what he's supposed to be doing."

"Oh." Then there was a pause and I could hear his mind spinning. "He's going to jail because he was mean to his Mom!"

My first reaction was to say it was something else, but then I immediately changed my mind and agreed. "That's exactly right, William. He was mean to his Mom."

3 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

AWESOME!!!

Erin said...

Good for you! He's a fast learner. ;)

michelle said...

Umm....duh....
ALL men in handcuffs got that way because they were mean to their Moms doncha know.

YOU are a rockin Mom, Cheree!