Monday, June 8, 2009

Maxson's Hiccups

Two weeks ago, when I was putting the kids to bed, Maxson said, "I have the hiccups!" So . . . I scared him! I scared him so well that the hiccups went away!

Maxson got a little upset with me because I had scared him pretty bad. I tried to remedy it by bringing to his attention that I had scared his hiccups away too.

"Maxson, your hiccups are gone!" I exclaimed.

He stood there a minute looking a little bewildered. Then he said, "Where'd they go?"

"I scared them away."

"Bring them back!" He said frustrated.

"I can't, Maxson, they're gone. They were so scared they ran away. They ran away so fast, you didn't see them go."

Then, Maxson and William looked around the room trying to see if they could see the hiccups. It was all pretty funny.

Since then, whenever Maxson has had the hiccups, he has demanded, "Mom, scare my hiccups away!"

Some of you may doubt my ability to scare someone after they ask to be scared. But, ah, you underestimate the power of a Mom over a young 3-year old. Let's just say, his hiccups have run away every time. Too much fun.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Motherhood rocks!! Thanks for making me chuckle!

Tiersa said...

So funny! I can see Maxson being upset and asking where his hiccups went. I love that William was looking for them too.